When “Good Enough” isn’t…     
Seek Excellence
location  139 Billerica Road, Chelmsford, MA
phone  (978) 256-2660

Paternity/Out of Wedlock

Massachusetts’ law states that children born to parents who are not married to each other shall be entitled to the same rights and protections of the law as all other children.

We can assist you with establishing paternity, obtaining child support for your child, and establishing a parenting schedule (visitation). Complaints to establish paternity or support or for voluntary acknowledgments of parentage that also include a request for an order relative to custody or visitation must be filed only in the probate and family court department.

If your child was born out-of-wedlock, contact the experienced attorneys at Kurland & Grossman, P.C., who can assist you with determining your rights and obligations. We vigorously represent clients who are looking to establish paternity, obtain child support and delineate a parenting schedule.
go to top